Monday, October 15, 2012

Rape Girl - Review

Rape Girl

By: Alina Klein

Published: June 4, 2012 by Namelos LLC

132 pages

Source: Publisher via Netgalley

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
"Hey, look. It’s that girl. That rape girl, right?"

Valerie always wanted to be the smart girl. The pretty girl. The popular girl.

But not the rape girl.

That’s who she is now. Rape Girl. Because everyone seems to think they know the truth about what happened with Adam that day, and they don’t think Valerie’s telling it.

Before, she had a best friend, a crush, and a close-knit family. After, she has a court case, a support group, and a house full of strangers.

The real truth is, nothing will ever be the same.

RAPE GIRL is the compelling story of a survivor who does the right thing and suffers for it. It is also the story of a young woman’s struggle to find the strength in herself to fight back.


I think I have had my fill of stories that leave me feeling raw.  I didn't shed tears or even get teary eyed but my heart hurt for Valerie and her pain.  I found this story to be very disturbing in nature regarding the subject.  It wasn't just the rape scene but also the bullying from her peers that disturbed me.  

It is a very real story to be sure, in that many girls will be able to relate and if they can't personally relate, it'll make you want to be overly protective of your daughters.  At least that was the feeling I took away, that and to also teach my son how to respect girls and to treat them with honor.  This book also has an overwhelming important lesson that nothing good comes from being intoxicated by alcohol or by drugs. 

This was way outside of my preferred genre to read, but I felt like I needed to broaden my range a bit with my reviews.  4 stars.

Have you read Rape Girl?  What did you think?

1 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one, but you review has me wanting to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...