Monday, February 10, 2014

Infinite Possibilities - Review

Infinite Possibilities (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen #2)

By: Lisa Renee Jones

Published: November 11, 2013

219 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
Secrets and lies. They are everywhere: haunting her, tormenting her. In the midst of it all, he’d been her escape, her passion. The only person she’d trusted in six years. And then he’d made her doubt that trust, cutting her deeply. But as she’d once told him, she was damaged, not broken. She is ready to fight and not just for survival. She is fighting for the truth and she won’t stop until she has it, not even for…him.
MY REVIEW:
Just like book one, Escaping Reality, this book is fast paced, steamy at times and overall enjoyable. Amy is now on the run from Liam as well as whoever killed her family six years ago. Her heart tells her she can trust Liam, but after overhearing him at dinner the night she ran from him, her self preservation says she can't trust anyone - including the one man she has fallen in love with. So she hitchhikes out of Denver and finally lands working at a diner trying to save up enough cash to move again, never staying in any place for very long. She knows with all the money and resources Liam has, he will eventually find her. Not to mention all of the other mysterious people she's been running from for six years. Still no word from her handler leaves her to believe he or she has been killed.

But this story turns to some positiveness for a change when she finally realizes Liam is exactly who he has been saying all along. She doesn't have to do this alone. She doesn't have to fight her battles all alone. He will stop at nothing to protect her and that makes her feel safe but fear for his safety at the same time.

This story is still a mystery waiting to be solved. There are still questions and secrets and lies all around Amy. She has some murky waters to wade through to find the truth and to finally be free from running.

I did get irritated by some seemingly similar themes to books like Fifty Shades of Grey. Mainly the macho, caveman, over protective attitude of Liam and a few other things I will leave out to keep it spoiler free.

By the end it felt like you could see a light at the end of the tunnel, but there are still some things unsolved and I look forward to reading the completion of the story.

Favorite Quotes:
I don't know who I'm running from or if I'm wanted dead or alive. I simply know I have enemies and that it's time I find out why.

I think...maybe he's my last hope. Or maybe, he's my final destruction.

His presence in my life is like the lighthouse in stormy waters to a ship lost at sea.

To me, Liam Stone is a man of infinite possibilities, but all of them still equate to one simple fact. He's the man I love.

Final Rating: 3.5 stars

1 comments:

  1. I also enjoyed Infinite Possibilities a little less than Escaping Reality. However, since I haven't read 50SoG, I have no idea what your comparison could be about.
    I do agree that in some stories, women tend to always 'need' a man to save them, and I prefer a heroine who can save herself - AND the hero, too ;)
    Great review, Holly.


    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...