Monday, December 1, 2014

The Future Without Hope - Review

The Future Without Hope (The World Without End #3)

By: Nazarea Andrews

Published: November 20, 2014 by A & A Literary

258 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

(Goodreads/Amazon)

Summary:
Separated from Finn, captive of the Order, Nurrin has no hope left. But she has survived twenty years of zombies--and she has the unshakable faith that Finn will find her. 

But Finn is a long way away. The Order's influence runs deeper than was ever suspected, and politics are shifting--and zombies may not be the most dangerous thing she's facing. 

Finn always thought the war stripped him of all he had to lose. But with Nurrin missing and doors closing in his face, he realizes there is always more for the world to take--and he will drag the remains of civilization down with him before he gives up on the only promise that matters. 
MY REVIEW:
I've really enjoyed this zombie series! I thought this was the last book in the series but NOPE! It ends in a killer cliffhanger. UGH!!! Currently no information is out about the next book, with exception to there apparently being at least one, maybe two more books planned.

I very much liked Finn opening up more in this book about his feelings. In book one, Nurrin is the only POV we read. In book two we get to experience both POV's of Nurrin and Finn. Finn is pretty closed off and we don't get much insight into what's in his head...aside from an insane attraction to Nurrin. Finn is one secretive, mysterious dude. I'm not so sure we ever even learn their ages - though I tried figuring that out.

Book three starts up right where two leaves us. Nurrin has been taken by The Order and is in a train going who knows where, with an infected. Meanwhile Finn is going crazy trying to find out what happened to her and sets off on a killing rampage of The Order until he gets answers.

I did have a few irritations with this book. First off, the Kindle edition I purchased had a TON of grammatical errors. I really can't wrap my mind around a book that has a publishing company being released for purchase with that many errors in it. Sure it's easy, and understandable to miss a few, but such a book should never have a ton. Second irritation, and this is just personal preference, the "F" bomb is dropped way more than seemed necessary. Finn has a mouth on him - he has since book one. So that's to be expected. However in this book, it felt like basically every time there was dialogue or a thought from one of the characters that there was another "F" bomb. It got old because it felt excessive. And my last irritation, there is a situation towards the end of the book that felt too glossed over to me. I can't give more information because I don't want to ruin any major details of the book, but it's something that happens to Nurrin. I had a "wait, what?" moment and had to go back to read because I felt like I missed something. A very vague comment wasn't enough for me to piece together what had happened at first read.

I'm still a big fan! I'm still anxious - maybe even extremely anxious now - to see what happens next. Zombie fans who like a little angst and romance (keeping in mind this is New Adult so there is language and some mature content) will enjoy.

Favorite Quotes:
"We always knew it would happen eventually. Can't live through the end of the world forever."

We all need something to live for. It doesn't matter what it is. Family. A cure that will never be reality. A Haven you serve. A girl you love. An Order, mad as it may be.

Some people shut down under pressure and anger. But some people - people like her - sharpen with it. They get stronger. It's why I push her.

It all ends in death. That's all there is - it's just a matter of how you pass the time until then. Hiding or fighting to live.

Final Rating - 3.5 stars

Check out my other reviews:
Book one, The World Without a Future (4.5 stars)
Book two, The Horde Without End (4 stars)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...