Thursday, September 3, 2020

*ARC* All This Time - Review

All This Time

By: Mikki Daughtry and Rachael Lippincott

Published: September 29, 2020 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers

336 pages

Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult

Source: Netgalley ARC

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
From the team behind #1 New York Times bestseller Five Feet Apart comes a gripping new romance that asks: Can you find true love after losing everything?

Kyle and Kimberly have been the perfect couple all through high school, but when Kimberly breaks up with him on the night of their graduation party, Kyle’s entire world upends—literally. Their car crashes and when he awakes, he has a brain injury. Kimberly is dead. And no one in his life could possibly understand.

Until Marley. Marley is suffering from her own loss, a loss she thinks was her fault. And when their paths cross, Kyle sees in her all the unspoken things he’s feeling.

As Kyle and Marley work to heal each other’s wounds, their feelings for each other grow stronger. But Kyle can’t shake the sense that he’s headed for another crashing moment that will blow up his life as soon as he’s started to put it back together.

And he’s right.
MY REVIEW:
This was a surprising book to me! When I requested an ARC I did so because the description intrigued me and the reviews thus far were all very positive - though I don't actually read reviews, I do look at the numbers of ratings.

There were some aspects to the story that I was guessing as I read and so because of that I was not allowing myself to get deeply pulled in. But even so, I still could not put this down! I loved the characters! I loved the weave of a stories within a story as one of the characters speaks her feelings through writing stories. It was just phenomenal to read! I felt the emotions of the characters and really connected to how they were feeling.

The basis of the story is that Kyle and Kimberly have been high school sweethearts but were never really quite perfect for one another. They fought all of the time, they broke up numerous times. On the night of their graduation they have a huge fight, they break up and then there's a horrific car crash. (This isn't spoilery because it's even in the Goodreads description). When Kyle wakes up his world has been crushed! He's severely injured and Kimberly is dead. He sinks into utter depression. It's only through a strange girl named Marley that Kyle finds help to heal him and to realize exactly who he is and what he wants in life.

A good story is one that pulls you in and leaves you wanting more with each page. All This Time did that for me!

Top Favorite Quotes:
And love is not a fairy tale, no matter how perfect the story sounds.

"It's hard to build anything if the foundation has cracks."

"Go find what you love. Find someone you love. Find that person you can't live without. He's out there."

"You can't make someone choose you."

"I traveled many roads to find this lost treasure, this piece of me"...."but it was you who found me"...Now I wish to give it to you."

Language Rating: 2 (medium)
Mature Content Rating: 2 (medium)
Final Rating: 4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...