Sunday, October 21, 2012

Guest Review (From the Mind of a 10 Year Old)

The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles #2)

By: Rick Riordan

Published: First Published January 1, 2011 by Hyperion Books for Children

452 pages

Source: Owned paperback

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
Ever since the gods of Ancient Egypt were unleashed in the modern world, Carter Kane and his sister Sadie have been in trouble. As descendants of the House of Life, the Kanes have some powers at their command, but the devious gods haven't given them much time to master their skills at Brooklyn House, which has become a training ground for young magicians.

And now their most threatening enemy yet - the chaos snake Apophis - is rising. If they don't prevent him from breaking free in a few days' time, the world will come to an end. In other words, it's a typical week for the Kane family.

To have any chance of battling the Forces of Chaos, the Kanes must revive the sun god Ra. But that would be a feat more powerful than any magician has ever accomplished. 

First they have to search the world for the three sections of the Book of Ra, then they have to learn how to chant its spells. Oh, and did we mention that no one knows where Ra is exactly?


This is a guest review straight from the mind of a 10 year old boy.  Specifically my 10 year old boy.  Quoted section below all came straight from his mouth.

"Any time I don't hear direction from my teachers because I'm too involved in a book then that book deserves 5 stars.

I liked how the myths and magician battles came to life.  I related most to Sadie.  She is always thinking, can sometimes be annoying and is always watching out for others.  I find that those characteristics are often described of me.

I love the writing of Rick Riordan because it's full of adventure.  I can picture what is happening in my mind.  He writes a very entertaining story."

My son LOVES the Rick Riordan books.  What better way to broaden my book reviews than to ask him to review the books he reads as well.  Perhaps I'll begin a Guest Review series with my almost 9 year old daughter who also loves to read. 

Have you read The Throne of Fire?  From the mind of a 10 year old, it's highly rated!



3 comments:

  1. I liked how you did this one. And I can just hear him saying all of this. He definitely loves these books, and that speaks volumes of a book even more than being loved by an adult sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed "interviewing" him for the post. It was fun! I figure it'll be about once a month since it takes quite a while for him to finish one of the Rick Riordan books, but I look forward to posting a guest review from him again.

      Thanks for reading it and commenting! He'll be excited to read your comment!!

      Delete
  2. Nice interview and so excited to see a young man engaged in a novel..even if he isn't paying attention in class to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...