Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013.
This is not a hard topic at all, seeing as how I have so many books waiting to be read in my possession. I could honestly probably list way more than 10 but I'm going to keep it at the Top Ten of those choices.
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - this is probably the top book I saw time and time again featured on blogs in 2012. I MUST get my hands on it! (I may break one of my rules for it...)
2. A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin - over 1000 pages is a lot of book to take on and I admit, I've been avoiding it because these usually take me a good month to read - although I love them all they have slow parts as well. But I can't STAND to find out what's going to happen through a show before I have a chance to read the book. So this will be an early year read, before Season 3 of Game of Thrones airs.
3. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - although not out until March 2013, I will be anxious to get it to read.
4. Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead - although not out until February 2013, same as above, I will be anxious to get it to read. MORE ADRIAN!!!
5. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi - coming out in just a few short days January 8 - I will be purchasing this one asap - man, there goes AGAIN my rule of not purchasing books until I read all my Christmas gifts...
6. Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - publication date listed as July of 2013 and I WILL have it preordered!
7. Bloody Valentine and Lost in Time by Melissa De La Cruz - I have the printed version of these (since I had the earlier books in print) and have yet to read them. I think they were gifts Christmas 2011. I have lost interest but I need to know how this story ends so I will read them this year.
8. Back to You by Priscilla Glenn and Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley - both of these books are on loan from my sister-n-law (Somewhere Only We Know). She rated them both high and so I have full faith that I will equally love them!!
9. Crazy Love, Forgotten God, and Erasing Hell by Francis Chan - I purchased these Kindle books during an incredible Amazon deal early in 2012 it seems. I know these are fantastic books, but seeing as how I'm not real big into nonfiction books, I haven't read them yet. This is a big goal in 2013.
10. Bible - honestly this should've been first in my list. It's always my goal to read through the Bible in a year. The link will take you to my favorite Daily Bible to use. I haven't yet stuck with it the whole time but I don't get down on myself - I just keep pressing on with my goal each year and find myself farther than where I was before.
I could keep going but since I have already technically cheated by listing more than 1 on several, I'll stop. My goal this year is to read 70 books. I read 47 last year and I know that I am capable of reading more. So instead of doubling my number I went a little lower. It's something to aim for, and I will by no means feel guilty if I don't reach it. Life - experiencing life, is more important and sometimes books take a back seat.
What made your Top Ten this week? Leave me a comment and share your link!