Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top 10 Books I Resolve to Read in 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This is not a hard topic at all, seeing as how I have so many books waiting to be read in my possession.  I could honestly probably list way more than 10 but I'm going to keep it at the Top Ten of those choices.

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - this is probably the top book I saw time and time again featured on blogs in 2012.  I MUST get my hands on it! (I may break one of my rules for it...)

2. A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin - over 1000 pages is a lot of book to take on and I admit, I've been avoiding it because these usually take me a good month to read - although I love them all they have slow parts as well.  But I can't STAND to find out what's going to happen through a show before I have a chance to read the book.  So this will be an early year read, before Season 3 of Game of Thrones airs.

3. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - although not out until March 2013, I will be anxious to get it to read.

4. Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead - although not out until February 2013, same as above, I will be anxious to get it to read. MORE ADRIAN!!!

5. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi - coming out in just a few short days January 8 - I will be purchasing this one asap - man, there goes AGAIN my rule of not purchasing books until I read all my Christmas gifts...

6. Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - publication date listed as July of 2013 and I WILL have it preordered!

7. Bloody Valentine and Lost in Time by Melissa De La Cruz - I have the printed version of these (since I had the earlier books in print) and have yet to read them.  I think they were gifts Christmas 2011.  I have lost interest but I need to know how this story ends so I will read them this year.

8. Back to You by Priscilla Glenn and Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley - both of these books are on loan from my sister-n-law (Somewhere Only We Know).  She rated them both high and so I have full faith that I will equally love them!!

9. Crazy Love, Forgotten God, and Erasing Hell by Francis Chan - I purchased these Kindle books during an incredible Amazon deal early in 2012 it seems.  I know these are fantastic books, but seeing as how I'm not real big into nonfiction books, I haven't read them yet.  This is a big goal in 2013.

10. Bible - honestly this should've been first in my list.  It's always my goal to read through the Bible in a year.  The link will take you to my favorite Daily Bible to use.  I haven't yet stuck with it the whole time but I don't get down on myself - I just keep pressing on with my goal each year and find myself farther than where I was before.

I could keep going but since I have already technically cheated by listing more than 1 on several, I'll stop.  My goal this year is to read 70 books.  I read 47 last year and I know that I am capable of reading more.  So instead of doubling my number I went a little lower.  It's something to aim for, and I will by no means feel guilty if I don't reach it.  Life - experiencing life, is more important and sometimes books take a back seat.

What made your Top Ten this week?  Leave me a comment and share your link!

9 comments:

  1. Great list. I'd also love to read The Fault in our Stars. I hope you enjoy A Feast for Crows, it's my least favourite of the series, but it is still pretty good.

    Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now officially have The Fault in Our Stars in my possession...so you can borrow my copy once I'm finished with it. :) Clockwork Princess and The Indigo Spell are givens...though I did list The Indigo Spell on m list. Of course I love your list.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fault In Our Stars is on my list too! And so is Clockwork Angels...I haven't made it up to wanting to read clockwork Princess yet! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for TFiOS! It's so good and I really hope you love it! And I'm beyond excited for TTEN and starting the Infernal Devices series this year :) Happy New Year and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read The New Testament in a year and the Old Testament the next year.

    Through the Ever Night is on my list as well. I'm starting it today. I just bought Obsidian and can't wait to read it.

    The rest I'm dying to read as well. Great picks. Happy New Years and happy reading!

    Here are the books I resolve to read

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Fault in the Stars has been a popular choice today.
    old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Infernal Devices Series & The Lux Series are must reads for me in 2013! Awesome list all around :) Thanks for sharing!

    Also wanted to wish you a very happy new year - All the best for 2013 ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. My only goal besides reading all of the must read sequels is to read some of the books in my crazy tbr pile *eyes tbr piles as they sway from great heights* good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to start City of Bones like yesterday. TFiOS was great. Great to see the Bible on a few people's lists! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...