Friday, August 30, 2013

Feature & Follow {38}

Feature & Follow is a weekly post hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

"The goal is to increase followers and make new friends."

Q. If you could only have ONE - one book - for the rest of your life, Don't Cheat!, what would it be?

The Bible.  This one precious book holds the keys to life and death.  Written over a period of 1500 years and at least 39 authors, it tells one story, all leading up to one amazing act in the history of the world, the greatest thing that ever will happen on this earth: the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  There's action, romance, battles, kings, princes, evil and good.  And it's REAL.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE fiction!!!  That is where my reading preferences are, but the one book I simply can not make it through this life without, is the Word of God.

2 Peter 1:3 "By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.  We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence." 

For follows choose your preferred method from either or both of these options:

Be sure to enter my Vamps vs Zombies Giveaway ending 8/31!
Leave a link to your F&F post so I can come visit!

11 comments:

  1. You know after I posted my F&F I don't even know how choosing the bible didn't cross my mind. It's a shame. Great choice! New GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think of the Bible! Very good choice. Thanks for stopping by my FF, and for following.

    Have followed back via GFC, and Bloglovin'.

    Happy weekend.

    Sandra @ SSBF Blog


    Here’s my FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! I'm not a religious person whatsoever, but I've always wanted to read the Bible. I think it's something that I could learn a lot from and it would be the perfect time to force me to read it!

    My FF

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort - old follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! It's so long and intriguing, you wouldn't get bored quickly :) Thanks for stopping by my FF. Followed via Bloglovin and GFC.

    Kimber Leigh @ Once Upon a YA Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost chose the Bible as well, would certainly be a worthwhile read and I couldn't get distracted by all those other books I want to read. New bloglovin follower. Nice to meet you! http://momssmallvictories.com/feature-follow-the-book-thief-stole-my-heart/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great choice! It would never get old and you can study it forever ;) Happy Friday.


    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting choice!

    Lucie
    http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this choice and I believe it is the one I would have made as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather LittleBearriesSeptember 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM

    A great choice... religious beliefs aside, this book is filled with the basis of many of our most beloved stories.

    New bloglovin follower!

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/08/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice and I love your thoughts behind it.

    Old BL follower

    The Book Cove

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's an excellent choice! It makes sense that this would be the one book you would be able to read over and over again and still get something new from it each and every time.

    New twitter follower :)

    Amy @ The Reading Realm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...