Friday, January 17, 2014

Feature & Follow {47}

Feature and Follow is a weekly post hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

"The goal is to increase followers and make new friends."

Rules:
Follow the 2 hosts.
Follow the 2 features.
Hop around and follow others who are participating, leaving a comment to let them know.

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:
Who is your blogger BFF? Tell us a little bit about him/her. If not tell us why you need or don't need a blogger BFF.

Easy peasy. My blogger BFF is my sister-n-law, Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know. She started blogging a year before me. I have learned a lot from her, bugged her for help many, many times (of which I'm sure I'm not done yet). She and I read many of the same types of books and we typically enjoy the same books (though not always) so we share a LOT of books, although she's a faster reader than I am so she goes through many of them before I have a chance to.  Our review styles are very different. Sandy is very much like her brother (my husband) quite wordy. haha That's not a bad thing at all! I am inspired by people who have such a way with words. But that's not me. Where her reviews are very detailed and thoughtful, mine are usually very short and to the point. 

Last year we talked about co-hosting an event and she worked hard on creating something unique (although is there really any idea that's never been done before?) We are co-hosting the 2014 Series Enders Reading challenge (of which I'm very proud to be a part of). So far we have 18 participants and I'm sure it'll continue to grow. After all, how many are reading the last book in a series at some point this year? I'd guess almost everyone! So far this month I've read 2 books - both of which were series enders. We are hosting a giveaway each month to those that participate and a BIG giveaway at the end of the year for all participants. Cool stuff. Check it out!

Sandy and I had hoped to attend BEA this year in NYC (and she and her husband may still) but it's just not going to work out for me financially. It's wonderful though to have a family member, who is also my friend, who also shares the love of reading, to make plans to attend such an event with. 

She's a pretty cool chick. Go tell her hi! (she doesn't yet participate in #FF)

Don't forget to follow before you leave! I prefer email, GFC and Bloglovin'. You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, yada yada yada. Whatever your flavor!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. It's really cool to have your own Blogger BFF who is also acquainted to you in real life, they could be really helpful and supportive! Happy FF! following you via GFC :-)

    http://thefoureyedcat.blogspot.com/2014/01/feature-and-follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth @Redhead ReaderJanuary 17, 2014 at 10:44 AM

    Hello Holly!

    Blog hopping through.

    Sorry to hear you won't make it to BEA. I'll be there with my husband and hopefully I'll run into Sandy!

    I have followed you on Bloglovin.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly @ Words Fueled by LoveJanuary 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM

    (This is me crying) haha I'm glad you're getting to go! I am sure it will be amazing!! Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly @ Words Fueled by LoveJanuary 17, 2014 at 10:52 AM

    I can't imagine blogging without her that's for sure! It would lose some of it's enjoyment I think. Thanks for stopping by and for following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a BFF who can share this blogging knowledge with you makes the process so much better! I was overwhelmed when I first started blogging, but my co-blogger is awesome and my blogger BFF shares lots of cool tricks with me!

    Thanks for visiting our FF

    Kat @ Books Are Bread

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you and your blogger bff ::). & Great challenge.

    Kanettra@ A Readers Sanctuary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica @ a GREAT readJanuary 17, 2014 at 1:38 PM

    Oooh nice! It's always great to have a best pal where you have the same interests and here it's blogging and reading!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My blogger bff is my cp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy is your sister-in-law? Wow! I've followed her for a while and never knew that!


    Old Follower (:
    Andrea Rose @ Literary Getaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could afford to go to BEA this year too!! Maybe next year!! New follower via gfc :)

    Pivot
    Book Reviews FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. Have a great week! =)

    Following you on Bloglovin. Can you please return the favour? =)

    Opinionated Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...