Thursday, August 7, 2014

*ARC* Sinner - Review

Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3.5)

By: Maggie Stiefvater

Published: July 1, 2014 by Scholastic Press

416 pages

Source: Netgalley ARC from publisher

(Goodreads /Amazon)

Summary:
A standalone companion book to the internationally bestselling Shiver Trilogy. 

Sinner follows Cole St. Clair, a pivotal character from the #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver Trilogy. Everybody thinks they know Cole's story. Stardom. Addiction. Downfall. Disappearance. But only a few people know Cole's darkest secret -- his ability to shift into a wolf. One of these people is Isabel. At one point, they may have even loved each other. But that feels like a lifetime ago. Now Cole is back. Back in the spotlight. Back in the danger zone. Back in Isabel's life. Can this sinner be saved?
MY REVIEW:
I hate when I can't remember enough information from previous books in a series and then I feel like I'm missing pieces that could be important. It's been a long time (more than 2 years) since I read the first 3 books in this series. Where I LOVED book one, my ratings went down through the rest of the series.

Book 4, follows Cole St. Clair. I love Cole and his sarcasm, his over the top behavior and attitude. He has such charisma that people flock to him and his music. But he's been MIA for 2 years from the music scene. Most people thinking he was dead. Few people knowing his true secret, that he's also a werewolf. (not the scary kind of course) Having gotten a handle on his life (mostly) he returns to Los Angeles agreeing to be on a reality TV show and in return he gets to record a new album. LA also happens to be where Isabel lives - a girl he once loved and still loves. This story follows his return to the music world, his challenges with addiction and his attempts at reconnecting with Isabel.

Unfortunately this wasn't a story that I just couldn't put down. It wasn't a story that stuck with me for days afterward. It was good. I enjoyed it, but it didn't hold the same caliber that book one, Shiver, had. Never-the-less, I'm still a fan of Cole's and his crazy self.

Favorite Quotes:
I'm a performer, a singer, a werewolf, a sinner.

"Tell me you'll see me tomorrow." ..."Tell me you'll see me the next day. And the day after that. And the day after that."

"Give me everything. Oh, tweet that. That's something I would say."

"Only marry your best friend, Sofia. That's my dad advice."

Final Rating: 4 stars
This post is part of the ARC Thursday feature on Words Fueled by Love.

2 comments:

  1. i also hate it when I can't remember the previous books. I take notes for series. But I also check out this site (they have recaps of a lot of series) http://www.recaptains.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly @ Words Fueled by LoveAugust 26, 2014 at 9:55 AM

    Thanks for the link. I'll try to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...