Monday, August 25, 2014

Opposition - Review

Opposition (Lux #5)

By: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Published: August 5, 2014 by Entangled Teen

500 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

(Goodreads /Amazon)

Summary:
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.
MY REVIEW:
The ending of a series I love is always bittersweet. I don't have anything earth shattering to say. As perfect as an ending can be, Opposition had that. I would've been really upset had my favorite alien and favorite hybrid had a different ending. There was a good bit of action - of course, right? Book four left us with Daemon, Dawson and Dee walking off into the forest with a massive amount of Luxen who had just fallen from the sky, leaving Katy, Beth, Archer and Luc behind, not knowing where they were going or what the future held for them. Most importantly it left the question in their minds: Would they be siding with the Luxen or humans?

Book five picks up with Katy, and the others with her, having no clue where Daemon and his siblings went and if they would ever see them again. What she doesn't expect is to see him again only to realize she is an enemy in his eyes and those around him.

From a fan perspective of the entire series, I was content with this final installment. Opposition still has Daemon's sarcasm we all love. It still has his crude mouth and his obsession with protecting Katy. The driving force of the story becomes just what I wanted for the last book. Though not as powerful to me as book one was, it's still a great story, a perfect ending!

Favorite Quotes:
"I broke every rule of my kind to heal you and keep you with me. I married you and burned down an entire city to keep you safe. I've killed for you. Did you think I'd forget what you meant to me? That anything in this world - in any world - would be stronger than my love for you?"

"It's like you have a special skill when it comes to finding condoms. Seriously. They must just fall out of the sky whenever you're around."

"I have the skills that count, Kitten."

Final Rating - 4 stars.

1 comments:

  1. I was also happy with the ending J.A. gave the series - but not that she ended it lol ! Though it's best to end a series before it degenerates (but could a series by J.A. ever degenerate ?...)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...