Friday, October 31, 2014

Torn From You - Review

Torn From You (Tear Asunder #1)

By: Nashoda Rose

Published: December 18, 2013 by Cindy Paterson

280 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

(Goodreads /Amazon)

Summary:
Love is like an avalanche. It hits hard, fast and without mercy. 

At least it did for me when Sculpt, the lead singer of the rock band Tear Asunder knocked me off my feet. Literally, because he’s also a fighter, illegally of course, and he taught me how to fight. He also taught me how to love and I fell hard for him. I mean the guy could do sweet, when he wasn't doing bossy, and I like sweet. 

Then it all shattered. 

Kidnapped. 
Starved. 
Beaten. 
I was alone and fighting to survive. 
When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me. 

I was wrong. 

(It is recommended to read "With You" the novella first, however not necessary). 

*Warning: This book contains some disturbing situations, strong language and sexual content. Over 18 years. 

This is a love story with some dark elements. Dark contemporary romance.  
MY REVIEW:
I started this series by reading the novella With You (Tear Asunder 0.5) first. I would highly recommend reading it and then reading this book. The novella is only 65 pages and really sets the stage for what takes place here.

Where the novella is hot and fun and light, this takes a whole other turn into a very dark world. This story is twisted. It deals a great deal with sex trafficking, so there are very dark elements involved. It's a gripping story and will leave you feeling raw as you immerse yourself in the feelings of Emily. Torture, abuse, disturbing scenes and content...it'll leave your head spinning that's for sure!

This is the story of Emily and Sculpt. Emily is kidnapped and brought into a world that's more disgusting and disturbing than she could've ever imagined. Monsters are very real....and they come in the form of human men. Her sanity is threatened, her will and spirit are shattered, and her trust in the one person she thought she was in love with is annihilated. Emily's situation goes from bad to worse and the story continues to explode with plot twists throughout.

There are loads of other characters too that I enjoyed reading about. The other bandmates Ream, Kite, and Crisis, Sculpt's friends Georgie and Deck, and Emily's best friends Kat and her brother, Matt. I can't wait to read more about each of them!

Fans of series like Marked Men and Beautiful Disaster would enjoy this story.

Fair warning: this series is New Adult, borderline erotica in some aspects IMO, and as such has mature themes, graphic sexual situations and strong language.

Favorite Quotes:
Was that weak? No, it was survival. There's a time and place where I'd fight, and I would.

I'd been beaten, threatened and starved, witnessed horrific abuse and I lived each moment in terror. I yearned for some kind of comfort - even if it was from the monster who had lied to me about everything. 

I think my mind gave me hope on purpose to keep me sane. If I lost hope then I'd lose myself.

"Some things can't be repaired. You break them bad enough, they can't be fixed."

Final Rating - 4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...