Monday, November 16, 2015

November 9 - Review

November 9

By: Colleen Hoover

Published: November 10, 2015 by Atria Books

320 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
This is a love story between a guy (me) and a girl (Fallon). 
I think. 
Can it even be considered a love story if it doesn’t end with love? 
Mysteries end when the mystery is solved. 
Biographies end when the life story has been told. 
Love stories should end with love, right? 
Maybe I’m wrong, then. Maybe this isn’t a love story. If you ask me…I’d say this might even be considered a tragedy. 
Whatever it is—however it ends—I promised I would tell it. So without further ado.

Once upon a time…I met a girl. 
THE girl.
MY REVIEW:
Another favorite by Colleen Hoover is added to my list! This story ripped my heart out! We're talking crushing and shattering, crying late into the night because I couldn't put it down. I was that invested in Fallon, Ben and their feelings. Oh man, but when it was good, it was goooooooodddddd! There were even some laugh out loud moments which helped break the overall seriousness of the story.

So Fallon and Ben meet when they are both 18 years old, after high school has ended and both are beginning college. Their first meeting is very out of the ordinary. As Ben sits in the same restaurant as Fallon and her seemingly rude and insensitive Dad listening to them talk, he takes it upon himself to step in and help save the day, by pretending to be her boyfriend who was running late. She goes with it and their very unconventional relationship begins.

Over the course of 4 years, they only spend a few days together. Call it insta-love (which Fallon hates) or insta-connection, it doesn't matter. The flame that the two of them together ignite is super hot!

And that's all I'm going to say about this incredible book. It's a heart wrenching journey. And one you absolutely MUST go on. There is too much good about this book and there aren't enough adequate words for me to explain how deeply it touched me. As usual, Colleen, you wound me again with your words....and yet fulfill every single thing I love about contemporary romance.

Top 5 Favorite Quotes:
"You'll never be able to find yourself if you're lost in someone else."

...comfort can sometimes be a crutch when it comes to figuring out your life. Goals are achieved through discomfort and hard work.

"I thought I was tougher than a word," he says. "But I just discovered that having to say goodbye to you is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do."

"Love is sacrifice."

"A body is simply a package for the true gifts inside. And you are full of gifts. Selflessness, kindness, compassion. All the things that matter. Youth and beauty fade. Human decency doesn't."

Language: 2 (medium)
Mature Content: 2 (medium)
Final Rating: 5 stars!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...