Monday, September 5, 2016

Ugly Love - Review

Ugly Love

By: Colleen Hoover

Published: August 5, 2014 by Atria Books

337 pages

Source: Borrowed from snl

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.
MY REVIEW:
I know, I know...I'm probably one of the very few Colleen Hoover fans who is so behind in reading this title. I didn't realize until I was writing up a review that it was published in 2014, 2 years ago this month. Man, I can't believe I waited so long to borrow this to read!

Having read enough of CoHo books I KNEW that I would enjoy this book. I was not disappointed. It made me smile, made me cringe, made me tear up, made me hope and hurt and heal right along with the characters.

The only semi thing perhaps that I didn't enjoy, as much, during the Miles flashbacks, was the style of writing used for his 18 year old thoughts. It's very choppy and strange. That dialogue didn't flow real smoothly to me. Perhaps that was to show a clear distinction in the change in him as he grew to adulthood. I don't really know, but I felt pretty meh about it.

Told in alternating POV's between Miles (from 6 years ago) and Tate (from present time), the story is told of how Miles first fell in love at the age of 18, how he can never love again, how Tate falls for the now 24 year old Miles, breaking all the rules he set down for them. Their relationship goes from purely physical lust, to something more, something neither of them are prepared for...and he isn't willing to allow for himself. They begin something they both understand won't end well.

The heat factor is a 10! So get ready! If you're like me and already a CoHo fan but haven't read this, add it to your TBR-soon pile! If you just love NA contemporary, emotional, romances, this is definitely for you!

Top 5 Favorite Quotes:
"Sometimes moving on is...the only way to move on."

I'm not Tate when I'm near Miles. I'm liquid, and liquid doesn't know how to be firm or stand up for itself. Liquid flows. That's all I want to do with Miles.

"And I realized...just now...that God gives us the ugliness so we don't take the beautiful things in life for granted."

"If being with Tate for a few short months can make that pain bearable enough for you to answer maybe, imagine what a lifetime with her could do for you?"

She was either going to be the death of me...or she was going to be the one who finally brought me back to life.

Language: 2 (medium)
Mature Content: 2 (medium)
Final Rating: 4.5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...