Friday, January 27, 2017

From Books to Movies, Take 10


Take 10: Throne of Glass

It's been nearly an entire year since I've had a post in my From Books to Movies feature. There's been plenty of book to movie adaptations I could've talked about but I haven't really felt them. No real inspiration on something I wanted to talk about. I have watched some book to movie/show adaptations (Shadowhunters being the most frequent coming to mind) but haven't really felt the desire or pull to review them. Until now. 

A couple weeks ago I was doing some research to see how many books were in a particular series that I have on my 2017 Series Enders Reading Challenge goal. My research led me to the author's website where I discovered, right at the top of her page, the exciting news which I will share below for anyone else living under a smallish rock and hasn't heard.

The book series: Throne of Glass
The author: Sarah J. Maas
The exciting news straight from Maas' website:
The news article: Deadline.com

I'll let you read the article for the full details, but basically Queen of Shadows (which is book 4 in the series) is being developed by Hulu. I know, I know. I've got my hesitations too. This series is hands down one of my 5 top favorite YA fantasy series. Why on earth are they starting all the way in book 4? How on earth are they going to capture the Wyvern's, the world map, the witches, the Fae warriors, the magic, etc...all without looking like a cheaply made and cheesy show? 

As long as the reader can take a step back and recognize that a book to movie/show adaptation is never going to be 100% accurate to the book, then I think one can really enjoy both for what they bring to entertainment. I, for one, am excited to see what transpires for this amazing book series! 

New to the book series? Check out my reviews:
Throne of Glass, #1
Crown of Midnight, #2
Heir of Fire, #3
Queen of Shadows, #4
Empire of Storms, #5

Get caught up on reading this fantastic series! The series ender, book #6, comes out in the fall of 2017. Are you a fan of this series? What do you think about Hulu developing a show based on it?

1 comments:

  1. I could be wrong, but I got the impression from the article that they're just naming the series Queen of Shadows, but that it will cover the entire series.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...