Monday, June 1, 2020

Royal Bully (Mafia Royals #0.5) - Review

Royal Bully (Mafia Royals #0.5)

By: Rachel Van Dyken

Published: March 31, 2020

91 pages

Genre: New Adult, Romance, Mafia, Novella

Source: Freebie, personal Kindle Library

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
Something dark this way comes.
He's gorgeous, mean, and mine.
He catches me dreaming about him, and then just like my dream, he decides to make me his.
I should have said no when he asked me to swear fealty to him.
The knife clued me in first.
The blood second.
And third, it was the blessing of the most famous mafia bosses in the known world as they sat around the dinner table and told me that I had no choice but to join.
Because they knew my secrets.
And running meant I was nothing more than target practice.
I said yes because of my bully.
And he told me he'd keep me safe.
But who keeps me safe from him?

The prequel to the much anticipated Mafia Royals series.
MY REVIEW:
It's no secret that I LOVE the Eagle Elite series by Rachel Van Dyken. They are one of my guilty pleasures sort of books. To see her come back to this world had me all kinds of giddy!

This is a new series, set in the Eagle Elite world, some 18-20 years later but is considered to be a standalone series, meaning you can read it without having read Eagle Elite. The cast of characters in this new Mafia Royals series are the children of those from the Eagle Elite series. They have now entered college and are about to take back control and dominance of Eagle Elite University, the college that the Italian Mafia control.

This novella tells a short snippet into the story line of Asher, the son of Chase and Luciana Abandonato. Asher was an assassin at twelve years old. Everyone in the Family has a role to play, and Asher has drawn the terrifying straw of executioner.

One thing to know about the mafia - when they set their sight on something or someone, they don't stop until they achieve the desired outcome. Claire is Asher's desired outcome.

This mafia family is brutal yes, but they are all beautiful and dangerous and devoted to one another. Blood in. No out.

Top Favorite Quotes:
"He said that when you find that person, the one who reaches into your soul and refuses to let go - that you make sure never to give them any reason to run."

He looked ready to attack, and I wasn't sure I was ready for more of him, because he was the type of guy that stole pieces of your heart before you consented to give them away.

...you tell yourself you'll fight, you'll scream. You tell yourself that you're different. And then the poison hits. And you realize, you're just like them.

Language: 2 (medium)
Mature Content: 2 (medium)
Final Rating: 4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...