Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunday Post #119

Sunday Post is a weekly post hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
Each week bloggers participate to share any books received and news from their week.

Click on the book covers to be taken to its Goodreads page. The Buy Link, if available, is below each book cover.

~PURCHASED OR FREEBIES~
Burnt Devotion (Imdalind #5) by Rebecca Ethington
Buy Link: Amazon

~FOR REVIEW~
World After (Penryn & the End of Days #2) by Susan Ee
Buy Link: Amazon

RECAP OF WEEK:
SUNDAY:

MONDAY:
Review - Confess by Colleen Hoover (4 stars)

WEDNESDAY:

THURSDAY:

WHAT'S AHEAD:
Tentative Posts:
Teaser Tuesday
Waiting on Wednesday
Feature & Follow
Planned Posts:
Review - State of Alliance by Summer Lane

So this week has both been enjoyable and extremely sad. My kids traveled in one direction with their grandparents to Gatlinburg and my husband and I went to the DC area for a work conference. Both trips were very good but it was so much sweeter to be reconnected on Friday as a family. I missed my sweeties! Unfortunately I had ANOTHER relapse with this stupid upper respiratory virus. It's going on 4 weeks now and I'm literally sick of being sick. 

But this week was extremely sad too because my husband's cousin, and one of my closest and dearest friends, who battled breast cancer 4 years ago, lost her battle to cancer late Wednesday night at the age of 41. She had gone downhill very rapidly two weeks ago and was not able to bounce back. Her cancer had metastasized and become stage four bone cancer a year and a half ago and she has truly been fighting for her life ever since as the cancer started to spread to some of her organs. Loads of chemo and radiation, surgeries to put steal nails in her hips because the cancer had eaten away so much bone, other clinical trials, procedures, medication and even an attempt at MD Anderson for their treatments just 2 weeks ago. 

But we do not sorrow as some would. We are a family of faith, faith in the one true, God, Yahweh, who through His son Jesus Christ, and the washing away of our sins become heirs together with Him for a home in Heaven. So I believe, because of the promises God's word gives us, that she is now in the safety and comfort of our Father. That gives me great peace to know she's no longer suffering and I would never want to take her from the arms of Jesus. But for our loss here on Earth, it's a sad time right now. 

Enjoy your week, friends.
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readMarch 29, 2015 at 4:04 PM

    Niiiice! LOOOOVE World After! Love the series really! LOL! Cannot wait for End of Days! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your husband's cousin. While knowing she's in a better place and doens't suffer anymore does help a bit, it's still hard for those on earth.

    I hope you'll get well soon! It must be tiring being sick for so long. Have a great week and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your loss.

    I've got to hurry up and read World AFter, I've had it for awhile now.
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...