Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday Post #161

Sunday Post is a weekly post hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
Each week bloggers participate to share any books received and news from their week.

Click on the book covers to be taken to its Goodreads page. The Buy Link, if available, is below each book cover.

~PURCHASED/FREEBIES~
*Thanks to a gift card I received recently, I've been purchasing the books I've most been wanting and there'll be more to come soon but for now, I got these 3.*
A Court of Thorns and Roses #1 by Sarah J. Maas
Buy Link: Amazon

State of Destruction (Collapse Series #7) by Summer Lane
Buy Link: Amazon

The Revolution of Ivy (The Book of Ivy #2) by Amy Engel
Buy Link: Amazon

RECAP OF WEEK:
SUNDAY: 

MONDAY:
Review - Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas (4 stars)

TUESDAY:

WEDNESDAY:

WHAT'S AHEAD:
Planned Posts:
Review - Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
Waiting on Wednesday

The only interesting news from my week is that this weekend I took my daughter to see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I haven't read the book so I can't comment on anything related to the plot staying true to the book or not, but the story idea has always intrigued me. I mean what's not to love - Pride and Prejudice characters plus zombies? Well...my daughter loved it! (she's 12) I enjoyed it. It's not, however, a movie I would like to own. There were some funny-ish moments, some cute guys, pretty Bennet girls, a few favorite P&P lines, and of course, zombie gore. There's not any language and no sexual content, which I'm always thankful for when taking my preteen daughter and teenage son to movies. The PG-13 rating was strictly due to the zombie gore. But really, the goriness wasn't even anywhere in the same vicinity as say The Walking Dead. Sure the zombies were gross, but when the fighters would use a sword to cut down some of them there wasn't any blood on the weapon afterward. I would imagine this element helped to keep the rating down to PG-13. It wouldn't rank it my top 5 favorite zombie flicks...but it was entertaining. As far as movies go, I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

If you are reading last books in a series you should participate with us in our 3rd year of the 2016 Series Ender Reading Challenge! Anyone can sign up to participate until December 15, 2016! Go HERE for full details and to sign up. We have a giveaway EVERY month open to those that link up reviews and a BIG giveaway open to everyone that participates through the year. Don't miss out!

Enjoy your week!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comments:

  1. Glad to hear P&P & Zombies was good. I want to see it, but I doubt we'll be making a trip to the theater for that one. Looks like some good books this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...