Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 10 Books I Read in 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Top 10 Books I've Read in 2013. I haven't participated in this feature.....all year I think. This post seems fitting since this is the last day of the year. Out of the 82 books I've read this year, it's going to be very hard to narrow it down to my top 10 favorites. But I am keeping it to 10, there'll be no honorable mentions. Not all of these books earned 5 stars from me however they are all favorites. They all fell between 4 and 5 stars. They all touched me, brought me to tears, made me feel the emotions of the characters in a very real way. Some were very unique stories and a breath of fresh air to the sometimes overdone themes in stories. In no particular order of favoritism, but maybe order of the read date:

 1. Waiting for Mercy (Cambion #2) by Shannon Dermott: It's not often I rate a second book in a series higher than the first, but this is one of those books for me. I had gotten away from paranormal reads and this series brought me back in to that world I love so much. Plus it has hot guys.....lots of hot guys. (Full review here)

2. Fallen Too Far (Too Far #1) by Abbi Glines: This series is H-O-T! Oh my goodness....the whole series could fall under this top 10 list for me, but I'll stick to book one. Abbi Glines should be a household name for your fave authors if you love contemporary romances. (Full review here

3. Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire: Two words: Travis Maddox. Enough said. But for those that need more: INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE. (thanks to Goodreads for those perfect descriptive words) (Full review here)

4. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover: If you enjoy intense, emotional stories, then this needs to be TOP priority for you! (Full review here)

5. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey: I loved the switch to the sci-fy genre! Incredibly original book IMO. (Full review here)

6. Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) by Colleen Hoover: If it is possible to match book 1, she did it! Holder is one amazing guy and reading the story from his POV was exceptional! (Full review here

7. Inhuman (Fetch #1) by Kat Falls: Another switch in genre for me. Incredibly unique story. I was immersed from page one. Zombie fans and apocalyptic fans alike will enjoy this one! (Full review here)

8. Countdown by Michelle Rowen: This is a stand alone novel (that's very rare these days). Another I loved because of it's uniqueness. Fans of the Hunger Games will enjoy it! (Full review here)

9. Scorched Treachery (Imdalind #3) by Rebecca Ethington: This whole series was a favorite of mine but book 3 ranked just a little bit higher, perhaps because it's written partly from Ilyan's POV. Book 4 was supposed to come out in December but because of some BIG news, it has gotten pushed back. The fabulous author has promised an announcement January 10th. I'm seriously on pins and needles. (Full review here)

10. Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken: Van Dyken became a favorite author of mine during the second half of this year. This particular book really touched me because of the nature of what one character is going through. I couldn't make this list without mentioning this one. (Full review here)

I feel bad for not mentioning a few others, but overall I'm pleased with this Top 10 list. 
Have you read any of these? What would make your Top 10 Books Read in 2013 list?

Before you go, consider signing up to participate in the 2014 Series Enders Reading Challenge. If you plan to read even one last book in a series this coming year then you qualify to participate. There will be giveaways every month and a HUGE giveaway at the end of 2014 for those that participate. Don't miss out on the fun!

3 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readDecember 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM

    Ooh nice! I still need to read The 5th Wave myself! Gotta get on that!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Hopeless made my list, too!

    My Top
    10 Adult/NA Books
    and YA
    Books
    of 2013

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reviews from a BookwormJanuary 1, 2014 at 5:32 PM

    Great list. You've got some really amazing books on your list. Colleen Hoover made my list too, I picked Slammed. I'll definitely have to read Hopeless and Losing Hope this year! Happy New Year :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...