Monday, December 15, 2014

Bad For You - Review

Bad For You (Sea Breeze #7)

By: Abbi Glines

Published: April 1, 2014 by Simon Pulse

288 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
Innocence was never meant for the addictive… 

Addiction was something Krit Corbin accepted as part of his nature a long time ago. He decided to embrace it and flip his finger at the rules. Women had always been the number one thing on his list of addictions. He couldn’t get enough. Being the lead singer in a rock band had only made access to his favorite addiction that much easier.

Being alone was the only thing Blythe Denton understood. The small town minister’s family that raised her hadn’t accepted her as their own. The minister’s wife had always made sure Blythe understood just how unworthy she was of love. When Blythe is sent away to college and given a chance to finally be free of living as an unwanted burden, she looks forward to having peace in her life. Being alone isn’t something that bothers her. She escapes reality in the stories she writes.

However, the ridiculously sexy tattooed guy who keeps throwing parties in the apartment above hers is driving her crazy. For starters, he doesn’t treat her like she would expect a guy with a different woman always hanging on his arm to treat someone as uninteresting as her. She looks nothing like the gorgeous women she sees parading in and out of his apartment, but for some strange reason he keeps showing up at her door.

During a party at his apartment, Krit’s new neighbor comes to the door with her long brown hair pulled up in a messy knot and a pair of glasses perched on her cute little nose. She wants him to turn down the music, but he convinces her to stay.

Krit Corbin may have just found his biggest addiction yet. And Blythe Denton realizes too late that she’s finally been claimed.
MY REVIEW:
Some stories you connect more to than others, and some aspects of a story immediately make it a more enjoyable read for you than others. For me, hot, tattooed rockers is a favorite! This whole series has the same theme pretty much - boy (bad boy typically but not always) meets troubled girl. Things are rocky, intense and hot. There are secrets on one or both sides, which drive them apart for a time.

So if you get bored with that theme then I could see you giving these books a lower rating. But seriously - how surprised by that repeating theme are you?! Most NA books do have this same theme which manifests itself in various ways with varying struggles and elements. It's just part of the package. My advice for people who read these NA contemporary romance books expecting something different than that and then rating it low is to NOT READ THEM! (But I suppose this is a pet peeve of mine for another time...)

HOWEVER, if you find yourself like me, KNOWING that's going to be the theme before reading any NA contemporary romance, then you'll just enjoy the ride along the way and this series will be thoroughly enjoyable and fast reads for you.

Book 7 of Sea Breeze follows bad boy rocker, Krit. He's the lead singer for Jackdown. He is in one word a manwhore. He doesn't deny it. He has an obsession with women. Yet we love him anyway. He meets shy and naive Blythe, his downstairs neighbor, and he sees that she could use a friend so he does that. He becomes her friend and through their friendship his feelings for her deepen. For me that's the best kind of romance story - friends first who grow to love each other. It gets me every single time. (Probably because that was my own love story)

One small annoyance for me with this story is that Krit has an addictive personality due to how he was treated as a child. Unfortunately this book never elaborates on what those reasons are beyond that. I would've liked to have gotten into his head a bit more regarding that.

Check out my other reviews from this series:
Book One: Breathe (4.5 stars)
Book Two: Because of Low (4 stars)
Book Three: While It Lasts (4.5 stars)
Book Four: Just For Now (4.5 stars)
Book Five: Sometimes It Lasts (3.5 stars)
Book Six: Misbehaving (3.5 stars)
Book Eight: Hold On Tight - I read this one out of order cause....it's Dewayne, and I HAD to. (4 stars)

I love these Sea Breeze guys! They are a lot of fun to read about. Check them out if you haven't yet!

Favorite Quotes:
It was becoming a habit. That was all. Nothing more. I was not addicted to her. I wasn't. Just a nice little distraction.

...kissing Krit made my body go into a wild frenzy of feelings that made me lose my mind. It was explosive.

Final Rating - 4 stars

1 comments:

  1. I just realized I never typed a review for this one. Now I can't remember it enough to write one. :( Apparently I didn't write a review for Dwayne's book either. :( I don't know how I forgot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...