Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Post 31

Sunday Post is a weekly post hosted by Kimberly at The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
Bloggers participate each week to share any books received and book news from their week.

Before I get into my book news for the week, I have a little rant I just have to get off my chest.  When I participate in a meme what I look for most is consistency with the host.  If the meme is set up to be every week on a certain day, and I put forth the effort and time to participate for 30+ weeks consistently, then I don't want to come to your site to link up week after week and never have it available to do so with no explanation ever as to why it just mysteriously disappeared.  I can not begin to convey how frustrating and disappointing that is to me as a blogger and a follower of blogs.  One time, okay, maybe you forgot?!?  But then a switch in host who still hasn't posted it for 2 weeks?  I'm thinking forgetfulness isn't the cause.  That's alright though, I'm not bitter because I KNOW life happens and blogging is a hobby for most of us and takes a back seat when other things come up that need our attention. I'm just not letting it frustrate me yet again this week, so I'm taking my post elsewhere to someone who has proven to be consistent.  Why haven't I just used this one meme all this time is beyond me.  Live and learn folks!

Onward we go!

~WON~
Hardback copy of The Lives We Lost (Fallen World #2) by Megan Crewe

Paperback copy of The Way We Fall (Fallen World #1) by Megan Crewe

RECAP OF WEEK:
SUNDAY: 

MONDAY: 
Dare You To - Review {4.5 stars}

TUESDAY: 
Armchair BEA Day 1: Introductions 
Armchair BEA Day 1 Part 2: Classic Literature

WEDNESDAY: 
Armchair BEA Day 2 Part 1: Paths to Becoming a Better Blogger 
Armchair BEA Day 2 Part 2: Genre Fiction

FRIDAY: 
Armchair BEA Day 4 Part 1: Ethics in Blogging 
Feature & Follow {28} featuring the question: What blogger would you most like to meet in real life? 

SATURDAY: 
Armchair BEA Day 5: Children's Fiction

WHAT'S AHEAD:
Teaser Tuesday #20
Waiting on Wednesday
Feature & Follow {29}
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo - Review

In other non book related news, my husband's side of the family all went fishing yesterday.  Fishing isn't really my thing, but I enjoyed being outside, the fellowship and watching my son, daughter and husband attempt to fish (none were caught by anyone).  

Enjoy your week friends!

6 comments:

  1. Holly which meme is that? Just so I don't use that meme. I've joined several memes that has done that which is disappointing because their concept was good and one is from a very popular blogger in the blogging community so it was disappointing…oh well!

    You won't have that problem with Kimba, she's fantastic and I love her posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, what a great looking family. Ya'll look like you had fun. Sorry about your meme frustration. :( I am looking forward to your thoughts on Shadow & Bone. I loved it. Happy Sunday.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely rant, hosting a meme is a huge responsibility and one that requires that the post goes up whether you are sick, on vacation etc and if at some point you can no longer do it, then you need to hand over the reins to a confident and trust worth person. I am struggling with a meme I participate in weekly and am annoyed by the inconsistency. I almost want to say give it to me or someone who realizes it needs to go up on time every week no excuses. {{hugs}} Holly. I love the fishing pics, what a lovely family! I am curious about your Crew books and look forward to the reviews! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is In My Mailbox the meme you're really frustrated with? Because that's the one that I've been having trouble with. I have to say, The Sunday Post is a lot more consistent; Kimba even posts it at the same time each week. Happy reading! :)

    Emz @ Icy Cold Reads

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...